12 May 2009

Chintzy Sma land

Though Izumi's been pretty much potty trained for at least three months now, I still hadn't hauled all of us to I.KEA to take advantage of the opportunity to put her and Koji in the kids room, until today.

Except that for no particular reason, I took us off to the other place we needed to go first, which landed us in front of Sma land at 4:46. The lady working there said, "Can I help you?" as if it wasn't completely obvious that I wanted her to be in charge of my kids for an hour.

When I gave her a dazed stare, she helpfully added, "We close in 10 minutes". Oh. Yeah. There's a sign there, inscribed with "10-5" for today's hours.

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH....

I was so distraught! Whatever I thought I needed at I.KEA, it certainly wasn't important enough to drag three kids along for!

But I was stuck, so we wandered around for awhile and then had dinner in the third floor restaurant. The kids had pasta with marinara sauce, yogurt and chocolate milk. I had a shrimp salad. Aogu joined us later and he had the meatballs with mashed potatoes and lingonberry sauce. We all shared a slice of chocolate cake and apple cake.

Watch this space; I'll be back at I.KEA soon, but you can be sure that I'll be arriving there no later than 4 pm!

No comments: