17 April 2006

Getting Rid of Celery

So as I mentioned yesterday, I'm on a celery kick right now. Enough is enough, though, so I had to do away with my current supply, and the following is the recipe that came to my rescue (also from Everyday Food). Phew! And bonus, Koji even ate it. He wouldn't even LOOK at celery if I tried to serve it to him raw.

Creamy Celery Soup
(serves 2 adults and one 3-year-old boy with a little for lunch the next day)

Heat 2 T butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add 6-8 large stalks of sliced celery, 1 medium chopped onion, and one small potato, peeled and cut in cubes. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until veges begin to soften.

Add 3 cups of water to saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until veges are very tender, 15-20 minutes.

Puree soup with an immersion blender, or pour into a blender and blend (take the cap off the lid and cover with a towel so heat can escape). Return soup to pan and stir in 1-2 T of lemon juice and salt to taste. If you're the garnishing type, throw some celery leaves on.

No comments: