05 November 2010

Get a Big Bottle of Soy Sauce

'cause you're going to need it to braise chicken with this Chinese style recipe that I got from Quick & Easy Recipes from the NY Times .  Sorry no picture, this was not a photogenic dish.  I'm realizing most of my favorite dishes aren't very pretty. 

But, it was quick, easy and tasty so I'll definitely be making it again.   Below is my approximation of the recipe, because I am much too lazy to get up and grab the book. 

Soy Braised Chicken, Chinese Style
Boil 1 1/2 cups soy sauce, 1 1/2 cups sake, 1 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar (I used brown) and 3 Tablespoons of Grated Ginger.  Drop in 1 whole chicken (I used four breasts, cut in half for eight pieces) and boil for 10 minutes.  Turn off the heat and let sit for 15 minutes, then serve (do I have to say "with rice"?!).  Add root veges as it pleases you (I added onion and turnips). 

No comments: