15 November 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner

was on the menu tonight, courtesy of St. Matthew's Lutheran Church, which is the host church for the kids' school.

It was a dinner/potluck, as the church provided most of the traditional staples but asked that each family bring a dish to share. All two friends I polled beforehand agreed that I should contribute a dessert. But when I opened the fridge this afternoon with the intention of baking a cake, the butter had gone missing. That is, I used it all on the cookies and coffee cake I made the other day for the Craft Social.

So I made a cranberry apple walnut pie instead, and it was very good, if I do say so myself. Of course I forgot to take a picture of it. More about it tomorrow though, because that's when I'm planning to post a couple of the other pictures we took at the dinner tonight. Can't do it right now because the camera is in the van and that is much too far from where I'm sitting.

No comments: