03 February 2009

Never Been To Louisiana


...so I don't really know how to make shrimp and sausage gumbo, or even what it's supposed to taste like. But that didn't stop me from trying to make it tonight with this recipe. I didn't use hot sausages because I didn't want it to be too spicy for the kids, but instead, I think the main effect was to make it a little boring for Aogu and me. The other problem was, the green pepper became strangely bitter. I don't know if that was an isolated incident, or if this would be better without the green pepper. Having given those criticisms, I still liked it pretty well and would make it again. I suppose I should say that I served the gumbo with the following:

*white rice
*baby carrots with ranch dressing
*milk

1 comment:

L Case said...

I'm impressed because your photo looks just as good as the photo in the recipe. Maybe even better and definitely good enough to make me want to try my hand at gumbo.