30 March 2009

Chicken Nuggets Are For When I'm Dizzy

Thank God for leftovers. This morning I had hayashi rice, for lunch I had palak paneer and for dinner, mabodofu. You can see that I would have starved today if not for these provisions which remained from the last few days.

There was no cooking for me today; in spite of the flu shot I had, I think I'm starting to succumb after a week straight of nursing sick kids. BAD! Remember that I am 37 1/2 weeks preggo!! So I'm not feeling terribly spry on the best day, and topping that with a fever and sore throat pretty much incapacitated me today.

Thank God also for foresight; when we were at Costco the other day, I bought the five pounds of dino nuggets that I haven't in quite some time. I figured they would come in handy after the baby's here, but their day for handiness was today instead. The kids enjoyed them with ketchup, rice and edamame, and finished things off with ice cream and strawberries.

As long as I'm speaking of God, please God, let this flu, if that's what I have, be much more short lived for me than it has been for the kids!!

No comments: