12 March 2009

With Apologies to Haters of Green Peas

Don't think I'll ever be able to make ebi chili (shrimp in chili sauce) again without remembering the last time I made it at Miho's house. You see, I discovered that Miho doesn't like peas, and I was taken aback by the information. She's not a picky eater, but more than that, who doesn't like peas? They seeem to be one of the few things that pretty much anyone and everyone can at least force down. Guess that was the problem...they were really forced down her when she was growing up so now that no one can make her eat them, she doesn't. In any case, tonight's dinner was just for us, so I went ahead and put lots of peas in, but I felt vaguely uneasy about it. I served the shrimp in chili sauce with white rice and a salad of romaine with cucumbers and ranch. One of these days I need to put up the recipe...

No comments: